Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Total body irradiation

Cohen had his radiation simulation yesterday and we met with the radiation Doctors on Friday. They sedated him and took measurements. He needs to be still during radiation so they'll have to sedate him every time. He kept fighting the medicine that they gave him so they had to give him more and more. Finally he was out and stopped breathing... They were able to pump air back into his lungs and get him to breath on his own again and get the procedure done. He'll have radiation twice a day on the 30th, 1st, and 2nd. And then once a day for 4 days 4 weeks after transplant. He's going to be sedated a lot. It seems like he fights the sedation more each time he has it. :o( I'm so worried that something could go wrong. Also the thought of radiation scares me. I don't know why other than its new and he's never been through it before. I don't know; we'll see. He goes in on April 30th. 3 days of irradiation twice a day, 3 days of chemotherapy, day of rest, then his stem cell transplant.

3 comments:

Zizzy said...

Thank you for the details and dates. I'll say some extra prayers and keep your family in my thoughts. My mom sends her love.

Kingsford Family said...

He is a little fighter! That is what has gotten him this far and will help him beat this all together! Too bad it sometimes makes things difficult. Hang in there! We go in for surgery on the 28th...feel free to stop by for a visit if you have a chance to sneak away. I'll keep Cohen in my prayers.

Michele

Kaidence's Mommy said...

You are and your family are ALL in our prayers. Thinking of you.

With Hope and love,
Shauntelle and Kaidence


 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster