Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 4 of chemo

I definitely spoke to soon about this being an easier stay. He was so grumpy on Tuesday and Wednesday. He didn't want to play, just watch tv on my lap in the rocking chair. My knees were very sore last night. Today Kelsi is here and he is much happier. It also gives me a break because she is a great distraction. Plus I have a little buddy to eat with. Cohen has a really good appetite. The doctors and nurses are very surprised by that because other kids usually don't have an appetite during chemo.
His MIBG scan came back good. The tumor is shrinking and there is no sign of it anywhere else in his body. The size of the tumor before chemo was 9.8 x 8 cm. It is now 6 x 5.2 cm. It has 'markedly diminished and is nearly resolved' from the aorta, great vessels, and the inferior vena cava. Yay!!! I am so pleased. Hopefully they can remove the majority of it with surgery and the rest will completely disappear with chemo.
The other chemo that he is receiving this time is Ifosfamide. It has the same common effects as the others. Nausea/vomiting, low blood counts, and hair loss. It's funny, I thought he'd be completely bald by now but he still has peach fuzz.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Associated Food Stores and their vendors for their donations. Also thank you to the anonymous donations. That was so very kind of all of you. It will help us out tremendously. Words can't express our gratitude.
Thank you for your prayers. They still seem to be working. We wish everyone a very merry christmas and of course a happy new year. :o)

1 comments:

carolyn q said...

Hey,
I came by last night at Primary's thinking you guys were still there with Cohen, so I could deliver the bears. It was with great joy I learned you got to go home on Saturday. I am so happy that you will all be home for Christmas.
Mike was going to get the bears to you.
Hugs,
Carolyn


 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster